Some of you may know I started a new job recently. I could tell you all about it, or I could just make something up. I chose the latter. The (bad) writing will continue until Project Ark reaches its natural conclusion. Whatever that may be..
In other news, I mended my wardrobe yesterday (pics if you ask nicely.. it’s uninteresting), am still pondering both whether or not I want a new laptop and why more manufacturers don’t make 11″ models and I bought a new secondary monitor. It’s a 23″ Samsung, a P2350. ‘Sgood, though the stand is a little wobbly so make sure you have a sturdy desk if you buy one. I’ve been motorbikling to the new jeorb which is good, though there’s rain forecast for the next while so that’ll be fun. Good thing I have plastic pants to wear over my real pants (they want to stop the ones who wear the plastic pants on real pants) so that I might remain dry. We’ll see anyway.. tomorrow might be a mite uncomfortable otherwise.
In internet news, here are links.
- The ping-pong door. I want to make it one day, in the mean time I may design a mechanism to achieve the tilt and slide. I have a few ideas anyway.
- Llewtube. Robert Llewellyn (Red Dwarf, Scrapheap Challenge) gives people a ride in his car (it’s a Prius, but don’t hold that against him) and has a nice chat. Anyone who likes The Mighty Boosh should watch the Rich Fulcher one, and everyone should watch the Stephen Fry one. And a bunch of other ones. Or just listen to them as you would a podcast, they work well that way too.
- Earth hour was this on Saturday night, which is a load of tokenistic crap. See: this. In short if you want to be green, do it all the time.
- This comic. If you don’t get it, think back to when you were seven and loved space. If that’s still no good, try this.
- LASERS MAKE WATER GO UPHILL. Lasers, fuck yea.