Barklars, meerkats and frustrated weasels all, it’s spelunking time again.
So it seems it’s been a tech failure time for me again recently. It kind of began with my Xbox 360 dying just past its warranty in December, though that’s a stretch – I was really fine until the past few weeks (except for that breadmaker thing). On saturday however the video card in my PC shat itself with what can only be known as pizazz – there were funky colours happening during POST and subsequent hardware check, and weird characters floating about in the BIOS. It did get to Windows briefly, albeit with severely messed up visuals, before crashing into oblivion. Long story short, I bought a cheapie ATi 5570 to get be by, set my CPU back to standard clock speeds and also had to chuck my RAM back into single channel to fix some further crashing. It’s been quite annoying all up, I must say. Some further tweaking was required though, as there was a funny line intermittently flickering down my other monitor – seems it wanted to indicate that there was some movement on one of the screens. Killing the software overclock that was on by default seemed to calm that though, so I’m back to functionality – albeit with absolutely no fancy enhancements on anything at all. My PC it seems is bored of fancyness and wants to live a humdrum life in obscurity. Maybe I should turn it into a POS kiosk or other such hardware hell. That’ll learn it…
The other annoying failure recently involves The Beastie, though its not entirely its fault. The poor thing has been neglected of late as I’ve been putting off replacing a bunch of things on it for various reasons. One of the reaons is that some prick tried to steal it, and in the process destroyed the ignition barrel so I’ve not been able to ride it. (Who steals a postie bike, honestly..) On Saturday I aquired the replacement part, this morning I installed it so I could ride it to work… but it wouldn’t start. Frustrated, I decided I was already a bit too late to be troubleshooting so I leapt upon the wee bonnie was off. I discovered this afternoon once I was back home that it was just refusing to play ball due to sitting about too long – a few kicks after checking for a spark, it was away. ‘Tis a little rattley though.. might have to check the tappet gaps.
Here’s hoping my tech holds out for a little longer.. I’ve gotten rather fond of having it around. Oh, and also, three toobz later and the rear tyre on my bicycle still refuses to hold air for more than a week. It’s rather frustrating to say the least. Hulk rage.